Hearing that you have periodontal disease or “gum disease” can be upsetting. Here at Dr. Steven W. Haywood in Timonium, we are committed to educating and assisting patients in preventing it. If you discover that you already have gum disease, don’t despair. We can help.
Symptoms of Gum Disease
- Bleeding gums
- Swollen, tender gums
- Receding gums
- Bad breath that won’t go away
- Loose adult teeth
- Sensitive teeth
Whether you are just being diagnosed, working to undo problems of the past, or trying to prevent gum disease for the future, we have answers.
Steps for Healing or Preventing Gum Disease
- Brush at least two times a day – morning and night
- Brush with fluoride toothpaste
- Floss at least once a day
- Visit us for regular check-ups and cleanings
- Use a fluoride rinse before brushing
- Avoid between-meal snacking
- Avoid tobacco products
Solutions for Correcting Serious Gum Disease
- Root planing
We know gum disease can sneak up on you. Regular check-ups and consistent, thorough oral hygiene is important for preventing it. Gum disease can be successfully treated, but avoiding it is clearly best.
Contact Dr. Steven W. Haywood:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):